Introducing our DREAM dessert for Halloween (and beyond)! A peanutty, caramelly, vegan chocolate bark studded with flaky salt. It’s like a sophisticated Snickers bar (!!), but words can’t prepare you for the magic of the first bite!
Even better? Minimal prep time, just 5 ingredients, and it keeps well in the freezer for easy snacking for weeks (or so we think…good luck keeping it around that long!). Let’s make candy, friends!
This 5-ingredient Snickers Chocolate Bark is inspired by our 5-Ingredient Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Truffles and That Health Junkie’s seriously amazing Date Bark, which circled the internet this summer. Oh, and Snickers bars…and every other chocolate + peanut butter treat out there. Because no better flavor combination exists. There, we said it!
And because we can’t be trusted with an entire batch of chocolate + peanut butter anything, we wanted a chocolate bark that’s a little sophisticated and pretty enough to share with family and friends. Enter date caramel, a.k.a. nature’s candy, smooth magical bliss, the easiest caramel in the world, and every other glorious description you can think of!
How to Make Snickers Chocolate Bark
With a batch of date caramel around, it’s GO time! We begin by melting chocolate and spreading it into a thin layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Next, we add swirls of date caramel and peanut butter and do some artistry!
Then we sprinkle with chopped peanuts and flaky salt (measure those with your heart!) and place it in the freezer to set.
In just an hour’s time, you’ll be sinking your teeth into a chocolaty, caramelly, nutty masterpiece!
We can’t wait for you to try this chocolate bark! It’s:
Easy to make
& SO delicious!
It’s a decadent (and necessary!) treat to keep on hand for all chocolate + peanut butter lovers! And crumbled into a bowl of Creamy Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream? Hubba hubba!
More Candy-Inspired Treats
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- Easy Homemade Twix Bars (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 5-Ingredient Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Truffles
- Almond Joy Stuffed Dates
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
5-Ingredient Snickers Chocolate Bark
- 1/4 cup date caramel
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we like half semi-sweet, half dark // ensure dairy-free/vegan as needed // we used Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 cup drippy salted peanut butter* (or other nut/seed butter such as almond butter or tahini)
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts* (or other chopped nut/seed such as almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, or pecans)
- Flaky sea salt (we like Maldon)
- Prepare the date caramel and set aside 1/4 cup (70 g) of it (adjust amount if altering the default number of servings). You can store the rest in your fridge and enjoy it with apple slices or pretzels for a quick treat!
- Line a small baking sheet (~9 x 13 inches) or similar size dish with parchment paper. Use a smaller or larger dish if adjusting the default number of servings (and make sure it will fit in your freezer!). Set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips into a small microwavable bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between to prevent burning, until smooth and melted. You can also melt on the stovetop by adding chocolate to a small glass or metal bowl and carefully placing it over ~1 inch of simmering water in a small saucepan, then stir until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet and use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread it thinly and evenly over the baking sheet, staying about 1 inch from the edges.
- Dollop the date caramel around the thinly spread melted chocolate in ~1 tsp amounts. You want to disperse it evenly (~every 2 inches) as it can be hard to spread. Once dispersed, use the back of a spoon to spread it through the bark. Aim to get at least a little bit to each area, but some thicker parts are ideal and result in a caramelly surprise!
- Next, dollop heaped teaspoons of peanut butter onto the bark and use a knife to swirl it through! Let your inner artist shine! Finally, sprinkle with chopped peanuts (we used 1/3 cup) and flaky sea salt to your heart's desire!
- Place the bark into your freezer and freeze for about 1 hour until completely set. Once set, break the bark into smaller pieces.
- Store the pieces in an airtight container in the freezer for a few months (if it lasts that long!). It will also keep in the refrigerator, but we prefer the texture from frozen. The bark will become soft at room temperature, so it is best eaten straight from the freezer. It’s also delicious served on vanilla ice cream!
*Inspired by That Health Junkie’s Original Date Crunch Bark and our 5-Ingredient Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Truffles.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 16 servings calculated with 1 healthy pinch flaky sea salt.